This role provides a unique opportunity to develop Social Media strategy for numerous blue chip clients working in a highly integrated way within their overall media planning and investment.
With considerable interest from the client base in Social Media, there is now potential to grow the unit’s capabilities and the business.
As leader of the unit, your core responsibilities will be:
- To provide leadership and direction for Social Media offering
- To drive new Social Media business development – including seeking and responding on new business opportunities, scoping and selling-in of social media campaigns and projects, marketing and education
- To manage the business aspects of managing and delivering social media projects, including senior client communication, marketing, education, hiring and resourcing, budget management, internal collaboration across planning teams, specialist units and trading teams
- To provide on-going education to business on Social Media
- To provide support to Planning and Trading teams on social media issues and opportunities as they require
The business has account management teams and specialist trading teams, including special business units.
It is expected that you will work particularly closely with Digital, Insights and consumer engagement and content colleagues. While you will have considerable influence over the development and allocation of your resources, you will have immediate access to members of other teams to implement Social Media listening projects, community management, content development etc.
As leader of a specialist capability, you will need an entrepreneurial spirit and a highly commercial outlook.
At the same time, we will look to you to be the true evangelist of Social Media within the business.
You will also be expected to foster connections throughout the business globally to build the practice.
- It is likely that you have worked in an agency environment and have experience directing major campaigns and running a team. We would also be interested in professionals who have held senior communications roles within consumer brand companies with Social Media as a key part of their role.
- We are interested in candidates who can provide a strategic view of the role of Social Media. It is very likely that they will have capability across associated areas, such as broader digital communications or corporate communications.